Each year, Intuit retires a version of QuickBooks Desktop, and for this year, those products impacted will include 2017 versions (or older).
What does this mean?
“Sunset” means that certain features of the software will no longer function or be supported by Quickbooks. Access to add-on services will be discontinued as of May 31st for 2017 QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. If you do not use any of the add-on services in 2017 QuickBooks Desktop, your product will continue to work for you. However, you will not be able to subscribe to live technical support or any of the other Intuit services that can be integrated with QuickBooks Desktop.
Sunsetting 2017 QuickBooks Version
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Special note for QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions – You will continue to have access to support unless your subscription expires. To ensure functionality and uninterrupted service, install the latest version of Enterprise Solutions by May 31.
Features Being Discontinued as of May 31st (for versions 2017 or older)
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services (Assisted, Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Workers Comp Payment Service, and View My Paycheck)
- Live Support
- Online Backup
- Online Banking
- Critical Security Updates
- Credit Card Processing (including automatic credit card billing and terminal download)
- Check Processing
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) Service
- Multi-Currency/Exchange Rate
- Bill Pay
- Intuit Payment Network
What to do if this affects you
If it’s time for you to update or upgrade to one of the 2020 QuickBooks, please contact us right away. As QuickBooks Solution Providers, we can help you choose the best fit for your company and provide you the best available pricing.